Sumo World on Edge of Seats with Baruto
- from Japan Times - OSAKA (Kyodo) Promotion-chasing sekiwake Baruto dodged a bullet to floor Aminishiki and retain his share of the lead alongside yokozuna Hakuho at the Spring Grand Sumo Tournament on Wednesday. Baruto looked set to taste his first “kuroboshi” defeat of the 15-day tournament when he was tipped off balance at the start of an absorbing encounter at Osaka...
13 Flavors of Gum in Japan that your Soul Craves
(source: Weird Asia News) The Japanese have a wonderful knack for putting a wonderful, wacky, or just plain cool twist on even the most mundane of items, and snack foods are no exception. Whether it’s yuzu-flavored Kit Kats or pizza in an ice cream cone, the Japanese are always innovating and experimenting to create new products. Read on to learn more about some of the coolest types of gum...
Taiji Dolphin Fishing Village Annoyed by "The...
- from Japan Times TAIJI, Wakayama Pref. — The gala crowd in Los Angeles cheered as “The Cove” won the best documentary Oscar with its grisly portrayal of dolphin slaughter. But residents of this small port shown in the film abhorred the attention and said it will not end their centuries-old tradition. Residents of Taiji gathered in whale eateries with names like Tail and rolled...
Japan Addresses Spread of Cancer
- from The Japan Times Cancer has been the No. 1 cause of death for Japanese since 1981, accounting for one-third of Japanese deaths. One’s lifestyle is closely related to the contraction of cancer and one can avoid developing cancer to a large extent by changing one’s lifestyle. Thus education can play an important role. Since many types of cancer develop slowly over many years,...
Earthquake Hits Okinawa: Biggest since 1909
- From Japan Times An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.9 jolted Okinawa Prefecture early Saturday morning, causing tidal waves of up to 10 cm, the Meteorological Agency said. Two people sustained minor injuries, while ruptured water pipes were reported in Naha and elsewhere, local authorities said.
Media in Japan Get Access to Iran Uranium...
- From the Japan Times - A uranium conversion facility and nuclear fuel plant in Isfahan, central Iran, were shown to Japanese media Wednesday as the United States and Europe continued to pressure the country about its atomic ambitions. The conversion facility, which manufactures uranium hexafluoride as a raw material for uranium enrichment, forms the core of Iran’s nuclear program in...
Mio the Social Worker
Japan Sumo Association Enacts New Restrictions on...
from Japan Probe by James Since 2002, the Japan Sumo Association has had a rule in effect that limits “the number of foreign wrestlers [外国人枠] who can be recruited to one per stable.” However, a “loophole” has emerged, since foreign wrestlers who naturalize and become Japanese are no longer subject to the restriction. The JSA decided yesterday that it would expand the restriction to include...
…like many other politicians waking up and joining the 21st century —...– Japan Times speaking about Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama
Farm clothes are not known for their sartorial elegance, but a group of Hokkaido...– Japan Times
Tokyo office rent priciest, tops H.K. →
Tsubasa the Shop Assistant
Hair – N/A Jacket – N/A Pants – yaponskii Shoes – mono mania
Lisa the Accesory Designer →
Japan: Sanshinomori park entrance →
Hokkaido: Niseko Green Farm Hydroponic Micro... →
Hiromi the Artist
Wig – Shiperasu Shawl – N/A Kimono – N/A Zori – N/A
Band: Salmonella Dub Track: For the Love of...
Aiko the Cafe Staff Member
Hat – N/A Sweater – UNIQLO Vest – N/A Skirt – N/A Scarf – Jeanasis Boots – FEIS D’UN PHARE
Kei the Student
Hat – N/A Jacket – N/A – JPY T-shirt – (used) Skirt – N/A Shoes – N/A
The Student in Tokyo
Hair - VENDLLMAN - JPY N/A Muffler - Rihazu - JPY 18,000 Jacket - self made - JPY N/A Blouse - (used) - JPY 1,900
Daisuke the Student
Hair – at’LAN Jacket – TARAMAKE Vest – (flea market) Blouse – Kinsera Pants – Toro Shoes – Shigasaki
Saki The Apparel Worker
APPAREL WORKER, 19 Wig – mixi Cardigan – Kinji Dress – Morasukasu Bana Shoes – N/A
“Cosmetics for men a booming market” notes the rapid growth in...– Japan Times
Bullet Trains Going to USA?
The USA government is in talks with Japan, Canadian and EU companies about the creation of a bullet train (新幹線) system. So far, the area most likely to get a set of lines built is in Florida. There have been talks about getting put in to connect LA to Las Vegas. On a sad note, they said that they’ll have to make the seats bigger. Get it together America. You fat asses!